In our lives today, nothing is more important than our children. Our top priority is keeping them safe - along with our beloved pets. Remember that child safety is an important part of choosing window treatments and child proofing your home. Let's face it… they get into EVERYTHING!! Children are innately curious about the world around them. So, even basic household items like window treatments can turn into potential hazards for them. Making our window fashions safer for homes with infants, young children and pets is a top priority at Hunter Douglas. That’s why we developed a wide range of products to help reduce the risk of accidents. From cordless alternatives to motorized operation systems, we offer many innovative lifting systems designed with safety, convenience and beauty in mind. Choose from an abundant array of colors and materials that complements your nursery today and your teen’s room tomorrow. At Read Design Southlake and Read Design Plano, we emphasize product knowledge because we want to help you make the best decisions for your home.
Consideration of cords is important.
Over the last decade, the window covering industry has made great strides in child safe qualities for you and your family. These innovative designs feature cordless lift systems and automation as the ultimate in safety, along with advancements for times when cords must be used because of window style, location and preference. Being aware of operating systems will ensure you choose the safest products for your home.
- LITERISE -The best option for your children's room, out LiteRise lift system is completely safe for your children. With our LiteRise cordless operating system you simply use your fingers to raise or lower the products and they stay where they are placed. LiteRise will eliminate the need to have an operating cord, while also offering a more streamlined appearance.
- SIMPLELIFT - A value- priced alternative to LiteRise, SimpleLift enhances both beauty and safety. Just raise and lower with the contoured bottom rail – no handle or cords required with this cordless system.
- MOTORIZATION - Hunter Douglas offers a wide variety of window fashions with motorized options that eliminate lift cords and provide the ultimate convenience. Better yet, your home’s safety is enhanced without the presence of dangling cords. It’s easy to control your motorized window fashions by remote, wireless wall switch or even with a tap on your Apple mobile device thanks to our Platinum App.
- VERTIGLIDE - The Hunter Douglas Vertiglide operating system is the ideal choice for side to side openings, sliding glass doors or as a room divider. No lift cords, chains or wands make the Vertiglide system a natural choice for enhanced safety.
- WAND CONTROL - On certain vertically oriented window fashions, a single, sleek wand controls all functions and replaces potentially hazardous operating cords.
- CLUTCH LIFTING SYSTEM - For Enhanced safety, our spring-like clutch lifting system features a decorative pull in place of a traditional operating cord to raise and lower the shade.
- CUSTOM SHUTTER COLLECTION - All Hunter Douglas shutters are cordless by design, eliminating potential safety hazards posed by operating cords. They add extraordinary beauty to any room and are especially well suited to homes with young children.
- ULTRAGLIDE - We know that sometimes cords are necessary, but they don't have to be dangerous. With the UltraGlide lift system only from Hunter Douglas, a retractable cord offers an easy operation option for windows that may have furniture blocking or for windows that are out of reach. This cord does not hang loosely to the floor and into little hands, it retracts to the perfect child safe window covering length.
- CORD TENSIONER - Our cord tensioner is designed with spring tension and bracket. When properly installed, it holds looped cords taut to reduce the risk of an inquisitive child becoming entangled.
- CORD CLEAT - Designed for standard cordlock products, our cord cleat allows excess cord to be tightly wrapped around it for both enhanced safety and a neater appearance at the window.
We know how important it is for your family to be safe in their own home. This starts with choosing the operating features that make child safety a priority. We believe that you need a product that stands the test of time for durability and cleanliness. Our team at Read Design will provide you with information on a range of products that will offer you the quality you need to help make your home beautiful while allowing the amazing benefits of these window treatments put your mind at ease for years to come. Give us a call at 972.608.4999 for Plano and 817.416.7164 for Southlake.
The window coverings industry uses warning tags, warning labels and other methods to communicate the potential hazards of corded window coverings. The warnings shown here, for example, communicate the important message about cords being a potential strangulation hazard, and suggest choosing cordless alternatives or products with inaccessible cords. Together with the Window Covering Safety Council, Hunter Douglas encourages you to install only cordless window coverings in rooms where young children play and sleep.
COMBINE FORM, FUNCTION AND SAFETY
At Hunter Douglas, we strive to design products that not only beautify windows and home decor, but also incorporate features with child safety in mind. We encourageyou to visit hunterdouglas.com to learn more about the largest, most diverse collection of window fashions on the market today.
To order a free retrofit kit for older window treatments or simply replace them with a cordless window treatment, contact the WCSC directly;
PREVENTION BEGINS WITH AWARENESS
- Position cribs, beds, playpens and other furniture on walls without windows and window cords.
- Check your current window treatments for exposed or dangling cords.
- Keep cords out of reach of children
- Eliminate any dangling cords with cordless window treatments.
- Permanently anchor continuous cord loop window covering cords to the floor or wall.